INFO LOWONGAN KERJA TERBARU KLIK DISINI

Almond Milk Wheat Pancakes

No big surprise here, I'm sure. I'm starting this week out with a recap of my weekend breakfast. Next to sleeping in, breakfast is the best thing about my weekends. I love slowly getting out of bed with no where to be and nothing but thoughts of good coffee, pancakes, and catching up on all of my favorite blogs.

Speaking of blogs, I REALLY wanted to have my new blog fully up and running today, but that simply won't happen. Who knew migrating to Wordpress was SO. MUCH. WORK. Luckily, Stephen is pretty good with computery stuff and has saved me a few times from pulling my hair out. Sigh. It'll be done soon, I hope. Maybe when you're reading this it will be up?? 
So, anyways, back to breakfast. I think I mentioned last week that I'm trying really hard to eat a little...lighter. On a side note: I generally eat really well, I just have an issue with portion control. My eyes get really big and I want to eat ALL of the pancakes. I digress.

I've been experimenting with a lighter pancakes that is 1) still really lezat and 2) a bit more substantial and pancake-y than Banana Protein Pancakes. For this one I used all whole wheat flour, added honey instead of sugar, and replaced the milk with almond milk. The result: super yummy, fluffy, carefree weekend pancakes (or Monday pancakes). 
These pancakes come together fast and if you're not me and are capable of properly flipping pancakes and eggs, breakfast will be ready with little hassle!
Even though it's the tail end of blueberry season, I'm using frozen blueberries. Turns out fresh blueberries were so cheap at the store that everyone bought all of them and left me with none. How terribly rude of them. But I couldn't go without blueberries in my pancakes so frozen it is.

Start by tossing all of your dry ingredient in a big bowl and giving it a quick stir. Don't worry, I'll add more cinnamon to this later.
Add in the wet ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined.
I kept throwing more things in to the mix. A bit more honey, naturally.
Plus the blueberries, duh.
And as promised, a good bit more cinnamon because I'm obsessed.
While those are cookin' on the griddle, enjoy your coffee. Is it just me or is coffee so much more enjoyable on the weekends?
Flip carefully! Or you'll end up like me with a half cooked pancake hanging off the side of the griddle. And that's why Stephen usually does the pancake cooking in our house.
Mmmm. Pancakey goodness! I was honestly surprised how good these tasted with whole wheat flour but I actually loved them and I didn't hear any complaints from Stephen so that's a win.

Almond Milk Wheat Pancakes (makes 7 medium pancakes)
Ingredients:
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon (or more if you love it, go crazy)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 cup of almond milk (any flavor is fine except chocolate maybe?, mine was honey flavored)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon honey (optional)
1/2- 1 cup blueberries depending on your preference (chocolate chips would also be great!!)

Directions:
1) Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Stir.
2) Add wet ingredients (eggs, vanilla, milk) to same bowl. Stir.
3) Toss in berries and honey and stir until well combined.
4) Using 1/4 cup measuring cup, spoon pancake batter into a heated a greased skillet (or griddle).
5) You'll know the pancake is ready to flip once the edges start to set. Once ready, flip and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.
ENJOY!! I served mine with blue agave. Stephen likes his wife blueberry syrup (yes, even though there are blueberries in the pancakes).

INFO LOWONGAN KERJA TERBARU KLIK DISINI

Iklan Atas Artikel


Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2


Iklan Bawah Artikel