INFO LOWONGAN KERJA TERBARU KLIK DISINI

Dog Ice Cream. A Frosty Paws Copycat

Yesterday was a treat for you. Today is a treat for them. It's only fair.

I started making this puppy ice cream a few years back around the time that I got my dogs. My 2 Great Pyrenees mixes are not quite cut out for the hot Nashville summers so I like to do what I can to get them through it. Ice cream makes everyone feel better.
I mean, look at that puppy face! He clearly needs some ice cream.
I keep the ingredients pretty simple: mashed banana, plain yogurt, homemade peanut butter, and a bit of honey. Sometimes I'll also add pumpkin puree to the mix (it's good for their bellies). 
Similar to yesterday's treat, this one is simple: mix all of the ingredients together, pour in containers, and then freeze. Let's do it!

First, make sure that you have at least one four legged helper near by. Ya know, for susila support.
We start by mashing our bananas in a large bowl. You can put these in the food processor but I just mash them with a fork. If there are a couple big chunks left over, no big deal.
After mixing in the yogurt, peanut butter, and honey with the banana, it's ready to be poured.
I received the adorable paw print mold shown above as a gift and I've been eager to use it. The mold results in rather small ice cream bites (small for my 80 pound dogs that is) so I also freeze them in various other sizes. Sometimes you just need a small ice cream bite, but other times you need to eat the whole tub (if you're me).
To even things out, I use an ice tray (which results in slightly larger ice cream treats than the above red silicon mold) and very small Tupperware containers (which results in a moderate sized treat that I'll let my dogs have about once a month). 

I like the Tupperware method because when I give them to my dogs, it forces them to lick the ice cream out of the bowl (as opposed to chomping down on it and finishing the treat in one swift swallow). Just be careful that you watch them or your tupperware will end up looking like this:
Live and learn they say.

This is where your puppy friends come in handy. Dishwashers:
(don't worry, I didn't let her lick the whole bowl)

The treats will freeze fairly quickly once placed in the freezer and they'll be ready for your pups to enjoy in about an hour! This one big batch that I make will last us through most of the summer.
Dog Ice Cream aka "Frosty Paws"
Ingredients:
32 oz plain yogurt
2 ripe bananas
1/8 cup honey
1/2 cup homemade peanut butter (you could use a bit less if desired)

Directions:
1) Place bananas in a large bowl and mash thoroughly. 
2) Add in the peanut butter, honey, and yogurt and mix well. 
3) Once all of the ingredients are combined, pour the mixture into your desired containers for freezing.
4) Place in the freezer for at least an hour.
5) Feed to your pups and enjoy their excitement and gratitude (I like to pretend my dogs say thank you. I know they mean it). 
See, they're lip linkin' delicious!

If make these for your pups, PLEASE please take a picture and share it with me! I love to see a happy puppy.

INFO LOWONGAN KERJA TERBARU KLIK DISINI

Iklan Atas Artikel


Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2


Iklan Bawah Artikel